Marriott Vacations Worldwide Recognized with Awards at ARDA Spring Conference 2022
ORLANDO, Fla. – May 10, 2022 – Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation (NYSE: VAC), a leading global vacation company, took home seven prominent industry awards at the American Resort Development Association (ARDA) Spring Conference 2022.
The company’s award winners were selected from nearly 400 nominations for excellence and for significant accomplishments in the timeshare industry within the past year. In addition to the seven awards, Marriott Vacations Worldwide received 17 finalist recognitions, a remarkable acknowledgement of the company’s resiliency and continued strong recovery post pandemic.
The 2022 ARDA Award Winners included:
- Digital Products – Sales: “Sales Center Technology” by Marriott Vacations Worldwide, for a multi-lingual, guest-facing tool that offers a catalog of more than 12,000 searchable vacation experiences that transformed timeshare sales presentations.
- Training and Development Team: Talent Experience Center Team, Marriott Vacations Worldwide, for facilitating a strong sales performance with new virtual sales training programs during the COVID-19 pandemic when in-person training was not possible.
- Social Media Campaign: “Heart of the Holidays” by Marriott Vacations Worldwide, for promoting four Marriott Vacation Club Pulse® urban destinations through influencers who shared Instagram reels about their favorite holiday activities at each location.
- Business Administrator or Operations Team Member: Monica Herring, for her 30 years of personalized service to vacation owners at Sheraton Vistana Resort in Orlando, in addition to her duties of assisting the management team and board members. The resort’s success is directly tied to her superior performance and unwavering commitment to excellence.
- Resort General Manager: Claudia Sanchez, Marriott’s St. Kitts Beach Club, for turning each COVID-19 challenge into a positive guest experience by personally securing flights for guests stranded by delayed test results and busing guests to nearby experiences when the resort’s beach was inaccessible. She also led heroic community campaigns to support a local elementary school, first responders, and families in need.
- Owner/Customer Relations Team: Interval International Client Services & Program Operations Team, Interval International, for providing customer service excellence to Interval’s resort developer clients. They deliver excellence daily by serving as a “one-stop-shop” for clients, understanding their needs and expectations, and learning the ins and outs of their operations.
- Owner Engagement or Communications Campaign: “Why I Love Interval” by Interval International, for a yearlong, inspirational campaign to demonstrate Interval’s value proposition by featuring photos and testimonials of Interval members and their families from around the globe enjoying their vacations.
ARDA also honored Marriott Vacations Worldwide CEO Stephen P. Weisz with its inaugural Circle of Excellence Innovation Leadership Award, recognizing his exceptional creativity, ingenuity, and leadership during his 50 years working in the travel and hospitality industry and for his continued engagement with ARDA as a current member of the ARDA executive committee and ARDA Board of Directors.
ARDA is a Washington D.C. based professional association representing the vacation ownership and resort development industries with over 500 member companies, including Marriott Vacations Worldwide, that are privately held firms and publicly traded corporations. The ARDA Awards Program is widely recognized within the industry as being a gold standard of excellence
About Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation
Marriott Vacations Worldwide Corporation is a leading global vacation company that offers vacation ownership, exchange, rental and resort and property management, along with related businesses, products and services. The Company has over 120 vacation ownership resorts and approximately 700,000 owner families in a diverse portfolio that includes some of the most iconic vacation ownership brands. The Company also operates exchange networks and membership programs comprised of nearly 3,200 affiliated resorts in over 90 nations, as well as provides management services to other resorts and lodging properties. As a leader and innovator in the vacation industry, the Company upholds the highest standards of excellence in serving its customers, investors and associates while maintaining exclusive, long-term relationships with Marriott International, Inc. and Hyatt Hotels Corporation for the development, sales and marketing of vacation ownership products and services. For more information, please visit tpd2.www.marriottvacationsworldwide.com.| keyboard_return Return to Newrooms